Thursday, January 07, 2010

Color me Happy!



First off, my sincere thanks to Julia over at Easy Eco To Go for nominating me for the Happy 101 Award! Be sure to check out her great blog! 


So here's how it works:

If you've been listed in the 10 bloggers that make me happy and you want to participate simply blog your own list of 10 things that make you happy. Try to do at least one of them today.  Then you can tag 10 other bloggers that brighten your day. If you choose to participate, please link back to my blog!



So here are my 10 things that make me happy!

1.  My Honey:  The best thing about our relationship is we make each other laugh a lot and that makes me happy.  Ben is my buddy and best friend and I enjoy hanging out together being dorks and having fun whatever we're up to.  This photo was us at the fruit stand this October.  As you can see, even something simple like buying produce can turn into a goof fest!!!


Yes, he's a goof ball, but he's MY goofball!

2.  My Family And Wonderful Friends:  Scattered up and down the West Coast, we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like.  Even still,  we remain close,  loving and supporting each other and they make me happy!


3.  Echo the Eco dog:  Echo is my 4 legged best friend and constant companion.  I can't imagine life without him.  He's a hoot to hang out with and a source of many smiles and lots of laughter.  Even on a bad day, Echo somehow coaxes a giggle out of me.


Hello Handsome!

4.  The beach:  I don't care if it's gravel, sand or cliff side... I LOVE the beach!  There's something about sitting on the shore, smelling the salty air and listening to the lap of the waves that washes away any worries of the day and takes me back to the basics of just being.  So you can see why I live on an island.  That makes me happy!



5.  Recycling:  It might be a chore for some, but for me it's a lifestyle,  a purpose and a calling and that makes me happy!  With FatBottomBags.com I've recycled over 4500 plastic bags!



6.  Gardening!  It's in my blood.  My mother is a gardener and my Grandpa Ken was a gardener too.  I can't not garden.  Even when I was traveling, I was gardening.  Yep, I was that backpacking lady you saw pulling weeds at the local park and in those parking lot beds around the trees.  LOL!  Now days I have my own beautiful organic veggie garden and an herb and flower patch too!  I love it!


My best tomato of the year was over 1 pound and 100% organic!

7.  Volunteering!  My best advice to anyone who wants to improve their life is just find something you love, then look for a group working in that area and volunteer to help!  Believe me, this will really improve your quality of life.  For me it's this fine group of volunteers at the Whatcom Marine Mammal Stranding Network  Volunteering to help with something I care about and interacting with others who have similar concerns has given me "porpoise" in life!


Chitenango the harbor seal after rehabilitation! 
Here's his first swim after returning to his natural habitat.


8.  Being creative and being around others who are creative.  It's just who I am.  I have to be creative in some way, whether it's drawing, photography, craft, crochet, goofing with song lyrics or cooking I can't be happy until I'm releasing some form of my creativity.  Being around others who are creative is inspiring for me too!


Making art with abandon! Anything can be a canvas for creativity.

9.  Nature:  I'm lucky to live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest where interacting with nature and wildlife is a part of daily life.  We get deer, birds, chipmunks and racoons right in my backyard.  I've seen seals and orcas on the other side of the island, and a walk on the beach could have a suprise glimpse of a river otter or bald eagle like this one that we saw at church beach this spring.


This bald eagle allowed us to approach it up to about 20 feet.
Nature and wildlife make me happy!

10.   Being a grandma!  My life changed this year on 1/1/10.   I watched as my son transitioned from my baby to a having his own baby.  Wow!  What an experience.  Now I'm someones grandma!  I have such wonderful memories of my grandparents and the special relationship we had and now I get to be CC's grandma.  What a gift.  Welcome to the world Cielo.  I'm looking so forward to getting to watch you grow up!  You make me happy!

 
Love at first sight!


I nominate these bloggers for the happy award because reading their blogs makes me happy!

1.   Maggie at Square Pennies:  She's always blogging with interesting links, recipes and how tos.    
2.   Krista at Look Ma No Patterns:  She's so creative and it makes me happy to see others creating on the fly
3.   Disney at ~Ruffles and Stuff~:  She's so cute and creative too!  Somehow she can turn a dollarstore purchase into a million dollar craft!
4.   Rose at Really RoseA friend, fellow blogger and volunteer with WMMSN  She's blogging about her garden, her love of nature, local events, great recipes and all kinds of interesting things.
5.   Vicki at Runway Crochet:  She is not blogging often, but she's active on her facebook page everyday and always there to help new crafters to network with other creative people!
6.   Kristy at Textiles 4 youKristy is so awesome!  She's working through her blog and her youtube channel to promote recycle crafting and sustainable living!
7.   Jan at Create It-GREEN:  She's another recycle crafter being creative for a greener planet!
8.   Compost Woman at The Compost Bin:  She's keeping the garden spirit alive even in the dreary winter months!
9.   Shannon at The Stay At Home Girlfriend:  Shannon blogs about her life in general.  She has a great attitude and gives me a laugh when I read her fun and honest blog!
10.  Elz at Elz Comyns' DIY:  Elz is blogging about her green life and crafts along with really helpful photography tips.

2 comments:

  1. А! Mi chiedo ora se si può parlare di statistiche del tuo sito - volume di ricerca, ecc, sto cercando di siti che possono acquistare attraverso adspace - fatemi sapere se si può parlare di prezzi e quant'altro. Cheers mate si sta facendo un ottimo lavoro comunque.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear what you think!

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails