Tammy has a great blog over at Art with a (re)purpose where she has posted some wonderful recycle / re-purpose craft tutorials. If you're not already following Tammy, you will want to add her to your reading list! She's also a member of the Etsy Trashion Team
So here's my list of 7 things that you probably don't know about me... (or were afraid to ask!!)
- You know I love wildlife, but did you know there's one living creature I kill on sight? Yep, that's right! I'm a slug hunter. I love to go out into the gardens at dusk and keep count of how many slugs I can off in one night. (my top one night count last year was in the 70s!)
- I'm right handed, but consider myself right brained too. I tend to creativity and learn best visually and hands on.
- I always try to wear a belt if I'm on a boat (with the exception of the ferry). Why? Paranoia I guess... it's in case I go overboard then there's something strong that can be hooked if I need rescuing.
- I dyed my hair until I was 35 or 36 years old. Everything from red to black to blue but then I decided to let my natural color including my well earned grays grow in.
- I was born with a patch of white hair in my otherwise brown locks. Some call it a shaman's streak, I just called it mine. Although you can't notice it much now that I'm transitioning from brown to gray (see above)
- I once raised Malaysian Walking Stick bugs. They were my son's "pets" and they just kept multiplying!
- I've recycled over 7000 plastic bags into reusable bags! OK you may know that one already but just in case you missed my trumpeting last week!
So now I'm going to nominate 7 other creative bloggers for the Kreative Blogger award. These bloggers each show their creativity and they share with us how to be more creative including DIY, craft tutorials, new ideas, recipes and other forms of creation. Be sure to check them out and follow their blog posts, I do!
- Alessandra at Just Be Happy Crocheted Creations who is also creating with recycled plastic bags!
- RJ at A Year of Living Greener. She's finding creative ways to make her life more eco-friendly!
- MangoCheeks at Allotment 2 Kitchen who is creating great dishes from her garden and sharing recipes and tips.
- Anke Martin from Creative Spirits Connect. She's posting here creative ideas and blogging about how you can connect with your creative spirit!
- Shelagh Dunn blogging at Every Small Thing about the creative ways she is making her life more green by changing the small things.
- The girl with the file box is blogging all kinds of crafty and inspiring ideas and DIYs for us at The Crafters File Box
- Rose is sharing her creativity at What I Made Today
For you 7 Kreative Bloggers, here are the guidelines for accepting this award:
- You'll want to post the award on your blog.
- Be sure to thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog
- Share your own list of 7 things that you probably don't know about me ... (or were afraid to ask
- Nominate and link to 7 other creative bloggers who you follow and pass the award on. Be sure to leave a comment on their blogs so they know they've received the award.