Thursday, October 01, 2009
Vinegar..... The miracle GREEN product in your cupboard!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
From smog in the air we breathe, to BPA in our bottled drinking water, our modern world seems to be bombarding us with toxins. One small step we can take in our homes is to replace many of the household chemicals we use and replace them with eco-friendly and non-toxic substitutes. Vinegar is one of the best!
Here's a short list of uses for good old fashioned distilled white vinegar.
Need a little more time on a winter morning? Instead of scraping the ice from your windshield in the a.m. try this. At night coat the outside of your car windows with a solution of 3 parts venegar and 1 part water. You'll be thrilled when you gain time for an extra cup of coffee before heading out to work.
Eggs cracking when you boil them? Add 2 Tablespoons of vinegar to the water and this will prevent the cracking.
Extra greasy dishes? Add a Tablespoon of vinegar to hot soapy dish water and it will cut through the grease easily and eliminate odors too!
Looking for a good GREEN all purpose cleaner? Easy. mix equal parts of water and vinegar. This cleanser is great for kitchen and bath and causes no harm to the environment.
So take that small step and replace some of your household chemicals with vinegar solutions. You'll save money, your health and best of all you'll be saving the planet!
Remember when we all do our small part, we can change the big picture!
- ► 2010 (116)
- Ghosts of Halloween Past
- Still time to plant your strawberries!
- Greenhouse: Extending my growing season!
- Waiting for the frost and more green tomatoes
- Make your own FatBottomBag
- Full circle: Chitenango returns home to the wild
- Wolf Hollow field trip
- Free Mini-bag recycling exchange program
- Seed saving - not just for the frugal gardener
- MMMMMMMMMore pickles
- What am I gonna do with all these little green tom...
- Recycling Tshirts into rugs
- October garden: what's growing on?
- Chimney cleaning: It's a dirty job, but it's got ...
- Last chance tomatoes - fall garden clean up
- Green for the holidays - a free FatBottomBag givea...
- Fall Garden Clean Up Craft
- Easy as pie! Canning apple pie filling
- Ears to you and other corniness
- Awwwwwwwwww shucks! It's time for corn
- Fresh local apples and adventures in canning
- Technological meltdown: Crisis Averted!
- Lost camera
- What's up with the reposts?
- Grey Whale Stranding Response
- A Recyclers Garden
- Compost Happens - Easiest Compost Ever
- Vinegar..... The miracle GREEN product in your cup...
- Plantian - A wonderful weed
- Frugal & Free Gardening Tips
- Bag ban, tax or recycling?
- International Plastic Bag Free Day
- Crafters going green all while expressing creativi...
- Having a porpoise in life
- Back yard birding and making my own suet cakes
- ▼ October (35)