Monday, November 09, 2009
Recycle Crafts for Christmas
Today I'm sharing some easy Christmas crafts that I've found on the internet. Each of these projects incorporates recycling so you can make your holiday a bit more green.
This craft is from AllFreeCrafts.com I really liked this idea to make a cute Christmas tree decoration from a recycled paperback book
Here's a good one for you beachcombers. Trinket and Dreams made some beautiful seashell angels No instructions here, but from her photos you could easily figure out how to make these cute Christmas ornaments
Over on That Artist Woman Blog, Gail Bartel shows us how to make an old fashioned orange pomander you can even have the kids help on this project!
Kinderart.com has instructions for recycling your old Christmas cards into cute little boxes. These would be real cute in staggered sizes stacked together as a tree ornament, or use them alone as gift boxes instead of wrapping paper.
Over at Instructables, you can learn how to recycle your wrapping paper to a pretty holiday wreath.
As always, Martha Stewart has some fabulous Christmas Crafts. Here she shows how to turn those old holiday sweaters into Christmas stockings!
Design Sponge has a tutorial to make folded paper ball ornaments. Why not use some pretty magazine pages to make these into a recycled ornaments.
Do you have a stash of left over ribbons? Recycle them into these beautiful gift bows. DIY from The Container Store
Here's another bow tutorial from How About Orange. This easy project turns colorful magazine pages into really pretty gift toppers!
Make this recycled CD Disco Ball as a tree ornament. It will look beautiful reflecting all your LED christmas lights!
So there you go! Now go get crafting and help to reduce the footprint of your holiday.
Do you have any recycled Christmas projects? Care to share? Just leave a comment below with a link and your tutorial may be featured in a future blog.
- ► 2010 (116)
- Last Chance to Dance
- Silent Sunday
- Planet Savers, the next generation.
- Planet Savers, We're doing it!
- Green for the holidays GIVEAWAY (update)
- Stormy days
- Finally got some new bags in the online store!
- Wordless Wednesday
- Zen & Art. Time to retouch my creativity.
- More Recycle Crafts For Christmas
- Silent Saturday
- Spc. Aaron Aamot
- Bag Lady!
- Honoring those who served
- Please Don't Crop Your Pitties Ears
- Recycle Crafts for Christmas
- Seal Tagging Training
- 30 days of Thankfulness Diet
- Aloha Friday #1
- Don't waste your waste! Become a Worm Wrangler.
- Island life: Finding community
- Wordless Wednesday
- Kojo designs has a free giveaway for November!
- African violets - propigation and care
- Echo the eco-dog and his sort of recycled sweater
- ▼ November (26)