Today is a global celebration 40 years running of our lovely planet earth. Home to diverse species of plant and animal.Don't be limited by the April 22nd date. We can all celebrate Earth Day through our everyday actions to live with less impact.
Over at the Project Earth Day website, you can explore key issues related to Earth Day such as Climate change, politics, education, conservation and more.
Or check out the EPA website where they are encouraging us all to learn, teach and share. Why not pledge to pick 5 for the environment.
Learn the history. Here's a link for exploring the very first Earth Day from The Envirolink Network
Here in our little island community there's an Earth Day celebration that will combine work with party as volunteers will help with a spring clean up of the Otto Preserve trail
Personally I'll be celebrating Earth Day with a round of recycling bags. I think I'm going to make myself a green bag. It's about time I had one of my own! Then weather permitting I plan to tend to my worm factory and compost bins.
What is going on in your community? Are you doing something special today to honor the earth? Leave me a comment, or click on my photo (below) and send me an email with your Earth Day suggestions and plans. I'd love to hear how you get down for the planet!
- Recycling DIY: How to make a May Day basket
- What's Growin' on? Wednesday Garden Walk
- For the Love of Lemon Balm
- Marvelous Monday!
- Win free stuff! Blogmania!
- Silent Saturday
- Friday Finds
- Hooray for Mother Earth! It's her day, celebrate ...
- What's growing on Wednesday
- Gray Whales and misinformation spreading like wild...
- Sunday Planet Saver
- More about the WMMSN
- Whale happenings in the area
- This weeks Sunday Planet Saver is.......
- News and happenings at FatBottomBags
- Blocked! Really?!?
- Blue Monday
- Silent Saturday (and Sunday this week)
- The April Fool or am I?
- Mini-bag Madness!
- ▼ April (21)