Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hooray for Mother Earth! It's her day, celebrate your way!

Today is a global celebration 40 years running of our lovely planet earth.  Home to diverse species of plant and animal.Don't be limited by the April 22nd date.  We can all celebrate Earth Day through our everyday actions to live with less impact.

Over at the Project Earth Day website, you can explore key issues related to Earth Day such as Climate change, politics, education, conservation and more. 

Or check out the EPA website where they are encouraging us all to learn, teach and share.  Why not pledge to pick 5 for the environment.

Learn the history.  Here's a link for exploring the very first Earth Day from The Envirolink Network

Here in our little island community there's an Earth Day celebration that will combine work with party as volunteers will help with a spring clean up of the Otto Preserve trail

Personally I'll be celebrating Earth Day with a round of recycling bags.  I think I'm going to make myself a green bag.  It's about time I had one of my own!  Then weather permitting I plan to tend to my worm factory and compost bins.

What is going on in your community?  Are you doing something special today to honor the earth?  Leave me a comment, or click on my photo (below) and send me an email with your Earth Day suggestions and plans.  I'd love to hear how you get down for the planet!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christi, hello from green Ireland! Lovely blog! I am celebrating the Earth Day by making recycled brooches from textile scraps and embellishing vintage bags to make them loved again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a little while today making some postcards from cereal and other food boxes, as well as a few more stitched books. I love them! So easy to make, I can even make them outside (which is the plan for tomorrow if the weather is nice).

    Glad to see you got your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize it was Earth day until I was falling into bed last night at 11. We are going to do something good for the earth tomorrow. We are going to work at the recycling center at a local high school : )

    I love your blog title. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Great recycling projects for Earth day, and everyday!


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear what you think!

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails