Thursday, March 18, 2010

Networking, and new friends

I thought I'd use today's blog post to talk about some of the places I've been networking on the web.  We all know about Facebook , Twitter and Myspace, but there are a lot of other places on the internet for making new friends, networking and spreading your message or getting exposure for your online shop.





For all you crafters, have you joined me on My Craft Corner yet?  The corner is a social network of crafters of all mediums.  They have great featured artists each week and lots of other features like groups, a forum, and tutorials.  I've made a lot of new connections over there with lovely crafters and you can too! 
Do you knit, crochet or work with yarns?  Ravelry is a place for you!  I'm not sure how many total members there are, but anytime I've logged in to my Ravelry account there have been nearly 3000 other folks logged in Ravelry!  That's a lot of support!  With your Ravelry account, you get a profile page which features your general profile info along with a screen shot of your webpage and photos of projects from your notebook.  Speaking of the notebook.... This unique feature allows you to share and track your progress on your needlework projects!  They also have a stash organizer, groups, forums, and even free patterns!

Craftplace.org is a new one for me.  I recently joined.  I haven't had a chance to explore all the features yet, but what did draw me in was the connection to hundreds of craft ideas.  They have resources like craft tips and links, groups, projects, and more. 



Earth Friendly Marketplace is a great network of eco minded crafters with online shops.  I love this network because I love connecting with other earth friends!  Here you can create your profile page, add friends, join groups, add photos and more!







Friends of Recycling is a social network for just that, people who are friends of recycling.  You know I had to make my presence on this one!  If you're a friend of recyling join me here.

So that's a few of the resources I've found for finding new friends and promoting living green and FatBottomBags.com   Let me know in the comments if you have a great social site that I've missed here.

Happy Networking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear what you think!

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails